Exciting opportunity for talented staff to join our friendly creative team
RCKa is an expanding, people-focused practice of architects, urban designers and policy makers. Our ambition is to enhance the wellbeing of individuals, support the creation of cohesive communities, and help wider society meet its economic, social and environmental objectives.
We work across sectors and are specifically looking for support for some exciting new projects that include a new landscape-led SEND school for the Children’s Trust, a variety of specialist residential schemes including intergenerational and airspace developments, infill and larger-scale housing up to 150 new homes, rural masterplanning, public engagement, co-design and community centres.
We are on the lookout for two new members of staff with specialist skills to join our growing team.
CAD / BIM Technician
- Undertake daily model maintenance
- Weekly handling of incoming and outgoing models between architects and project team, including preparation and issuance of architectural models
- Document project-specific processes as required where this will aid the team
- Handling of CAD information generated internally or by external sources to link into Revit – DWG and 3DM
- Modelling and drawing production in both Revit and AutoCad to help the team meet deadlines in a time-efficient manner
- Updating and maintaining Revit library including families and typical details
- Testing plugins and other software
- Set-up of project files – review and best advise how individual projects are to be set-up and arranged in Revit
- Work with BIM strategist to improve RCKa internal systems
- Offer day to day guidance to other staff on use of software – e.g. informal tutorials, “how to” guides and so on
- Assist in preparation of BIM execution plans for individual projects
- Revit: minimum of three years’ experience. Must demonstrate the ability to build high quality content and working knowledge of how standards and processes impact team performance
- AutoCAD/Microstation: basic level of competency essential. Sufficient knowledge required to support cleaning and linking of information with Revit
- Sketchup: basic level of competency essential to translate models into Revit
- Design coordination: experience with automated clash detection
- Knowledge of UK building regulations and construction detailing
- A degree in architectural technology or a related subject
- Experience working on different RIBA work stage from concept to completion
Salary commensurate with experience.
HR & Comms Lead
- A dual focus on HR matters and communications
- An empathetic and independent first point of contact for HR matters
- Management of our external HR support providers
- Producing a range of creative writing from website/social media content to project pitches and bids
- Manage and assist in securing PR opportunities including press articles, public speaking events etc.
- Interest / experience in HR matters
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite
Provided the key responsibilities are delivered upon – we are open to shaping the role around an individual’s interests and skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send application info in PDF format only to email@example.com.
Emails should be less than 5Mb in size. ZIP, RAR files and links to Dropbox etc. will not be assessed. Given the volume of emails we receive, we will strictly enforce these requirements.
Alternatively, please send a hard copy of the above documents to:
16-24 Underwood Street
London N1 7JQ
Unfortunately, we are unable to return hard copies of applications unless a stamped-addressed envelope is included.
We will not accept applications from agencies.
RCKa is an equal opportunities employer and a signatory to the LPF Principles & Ethical Charter