IF_DO is looking for an experienced project architect to join its team in London.
Established in 2014, IF_DO is dedicated to creating projects with a positive impact on users, the environment and the surrounding community. The practice was named as one of the Architects’ Journal’s 40 under 40 in December 2020.
The position requires a talented designer with the ability, skills and motivation to act as an independent job-running architect, overseeing an assistant or small team. It will require the ability to successfully coordinate and engage with the design team, communicate ideas to a variety of audiences, and resolve technical and construction challenges. The successful candidate will be a design-led motivated architect that can deliver high-quality projects.
We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates, and actively encourage applications from women and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the construction industry.
The role will involve work on a significant infrastructure projects from RIBA Stage 3, and as such significant experience of the later RIBA Stages – detailed design and through to taking a project on to site – is essential.
Required skills and experience
- RIBA part 3 (or equivalent qualification)
- three to five years post-Part 3 experience and be ARB registered
- very strong design and detailing skills
- strong visualisation skills – preferably using Sketch-Up, Rhino V-Ray, and Photoshop
- experience across all RIBA work stages (particularly working at RIBA Stages 4 and 5 in the UK)
- experience working effectively with clients and consultant teams
- technical expertise (including complex coordination) and knowledge of current construction methods
- experience of UK regulatory framework including building regulations, and CDM
- experience of procurement processes
- strong project management skills
- experience in managing a small team
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- proficiency in Vectorworks and Revit preferred
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- good communication and presentation skills
- excellent time management, organisation, planning and attention to detail
- ability to multitask while working under pressure
- ability to think creatively and problem solve through design
- professional and ‘can-do’ attitude
How to apply
The application should include:
- a completed application form which can be downloaded here
- a brief cover letter/email setting out the reason why you want to work at IF_DO
- your CV
- a sample portfolio as a pdf attachment
- please also complete the IF_DO Diversity Monitoring Form here
Applications are to be made via the ‘apply’ link below.
Attachments should not exceed 10MB. We do not accept applications by post. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience (and in line with RIBA scales).
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.