Cousins & Cousins is seeking a Part II Architectural Assistant to join its studio in London.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical, communication and organisational skills, and have a proven track record of working on residential and commercial projects ideally from inception to completion. With an eye for contemporary design, detail and interiors, you will be client facing, self-motivated and able to work independently.
Our studio is dedicated to creating high-quality homes, workplaces, commercial buildings and cultural projects, and is focused on crafting spaces using materials, light and detail that promotes wellbeing for people within them.
Alongside our new-build homes and private commissions, we are also specialists in sustainable retrofit, modern methods of construction, heritage sites and listed buildings. We’d welcome applications from candidates who would like to develop their career with us and be a part of our ongoing growth.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Production of visualisations, both freehand and using software including Rhino, SketchUp, V-Ray and Enscape
- Confident use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working closely with consultants, contractors, specialists and suppliers
- Strong organisational skills, meeting deadlines and projects needs
- Great communication skills
- Confidence in meetings and presentations
- Strong attention to detail with ability to review documents, track changes and seek appropriate approvals
- Have the right to work in the UK
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- A working knowledge of MicroStation an advantage
- Experience working within the residential and commercial sectors
- Knowledge of other workstages, especially developed and technical design stages would be an advantage
- Production of feasibility and concept stage documents, and submitting planning applications
We offer a competitive salary, a company pension scheme, health care and contribution to professional subscriptions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and portfolio as a PDF (no larger than 5MB) with a concise cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Cousins & Cousins using the email address below. Use the subject line “Part II Application_LPF”.
No agencies or third-party applications, please.
We will only be able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss particular applications on the telephone. However, we sincerely appreciate your interest in the studio.
Cousins & Cousins is an equal opportunities employer. We especially welcome applicants from BAME or under-represented backgrounds.