Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural and urban design studio working on a varied portfolio interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small scale projects, the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious Urban Designer with masterplanning experience to join our expanding office of 27 people. The office is currently carrying out projects relevant to this post, including urban research; developing guidance that can help inform and promote future investments in London; area plans for public sector authorities, a masterplan for a prominent public sector owned site in East London; public sector housing schemes; and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are looking for an experienced candidate, who may have trained as an architect (though not mandatory), who is versatile and able to think creatively across a broad range of influencing factors.
Experience should include working with quantitative and qualitative evidence and data collection, participatory practices, and in the context of the London Plan and borough planning policies.
This is a senior role, and you will have the necessary experience to lead and coordinate on all masterplanning, urban and research projects, as well as be expected to develop new opportunities for the practice.
- The following is required:
- Degree in architecture, urban design or urban planning with at least three years post graduate experience, preferably more.
- First-hand experience and knowledge of London planning policy essential – including London Plan and borough policies.
- Proven experience in developing urban design and masterplan projects alongside architecture and landscape projects in the UK
- An analytical attitude to our cities and how they are evolving
- Excellent design skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good writing skills for the purposes of reports and presentations.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English essential.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Instructions for applying:
- Please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email.
- Please send your CV and include a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, as well as your pay expectations to email@example.com for the attention of Nancy Edwards.
- Please write Urban Design in the subject header.
- No CVs over 5MB.
- No agencies.
Salary dependent on experience.
Application deadline: 8th November 2019
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer.