IF_DO is looking for a RIBA Part II architectural assistant to join our team in South London. Our young practice thrives on its friendly atmosphere, encouraging all members of the team to exchange ideas and engage with a wide range of interesting projects.
The role will involve working on a variety of live projects in residential, education, arts, and culture sectors, as well as on competitions, bids and research projects.
- Production of 2D drawings in CAD;
- Creation of digital 3D models using SketchUp and Rhino;
- Presentation renders and visuals;
- Model-making and hand drawing;
- Creation of graphics and art work for diagrams;
- Compilation of presentations in InDesign;
- Assisting with compilation of EOI and competition documents;
- Participation and presentation in meetings with clients, consultants and contractors etc.;
- Part II assistants will be expected to design and deliver smaller building projects through all RIBA stages (with support).
Required skills and experience
- RIBA II (or equivalent) qualification;
- Exceptional design skills;
- Good working knowledge of CAD (Vectorworks preferred);
- High level of competency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Proficiency in 3D digital and physical modelling;
- Good research and development techniques;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good time management, planning and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask while working under pressure;
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve through design;
- Professional and ‘can-do’ attitude.
If you do not meet all the listed criteria but feel that you could be a good fit for the practice, then please still apply.
We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates, and actively encourage applications from women and people from black, asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry.
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
The application should include:
- A completed diversity monitoring form which can be downloaded here;
- A brief cover letter/email setting out the reason for applying to work at IF_DO;
- A CV;
- A sample portfolio as a pdf attachment.
Applications are to be made by email to email@example.com
Email subject to be “Application – Part II Architectural Assistant”
Attachments should not exceed 10MB. We do not accept applications by post. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately if possible.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience (and in line with RIBA scales).
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1 September 2020.