The role will involve working on a variety of live projects in residential, education, arts and culture sectors, as well as on competitions, bids and research projects.
Our young practice thrives on its friendly atmosphere, encouraging all members of the team to exchange ideas and engage with a wide range of interesting projects. You should be enthusiastic, creative, and energetic.
- production of 2D drawings in CAD
- creation of 3D models using SketchUp and Rhino
- presentation renders and visuals using Photoshop
- model-making and hand-drawing
- creation of graphics and art work for diagrams
- compilation of presentations in InDesign
- assisting with compilation of EOI and competition documents
- participation and presentation in meetings with clients, consultants and contractors etc.
- Part 2 assistants will be expected to design and deliver smaller building projects through all RIBA stages (with support)
Required skills and experience:
- RIBA Part 1 (or equivalent qualification)
- exceptional design skills
- good working knowledge of CAD (Vectorworks preferred)
- high level of competency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- proficiency in 3D computer and physical modelling
- good research and development techniques
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong project management skills
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- good communication and presentation skills
- good time management, planning and attention to detail
- ability to multitask while working under pressure
- ability to think creatively and problem solve through design
- professional and ‘can-do’ attitude
If you do not meet all the listed criteria but feel that you could be a good fit for the practice, then please still apply. We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of applicants.
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary in line with RIBA scales.
How to apply
Applicants should email a CV and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Part I application.
Please send as PDF files, attachments should not exceed 5MB.
Applicants must be able to start immediately (February 2019), and should state clearly their qualification level and earliest start date in their covering email.
Deadline for applications: Friday 2nd August 2019